Well it was a big work IS progessing weekend for me… but I spent the day yesterday totally frustrated. I could not find the original pattern I had wanted for Paige’s poncho/sweater type thing I had made for my daughters many moons ago. So I looked over the internet and found something that was close.
I started doing it and well..the directions are not really well written. I compared the directions for the different sizes and at some points it was totally unclear to me whether I should be chaining after a shell or not…or how many chain spaces to skip…it was driving me absolutely wonky. I frogged the beginning twice because I couldn’t make the amount of shells required come out from the chains you were told to start with. So I ended up doing some of my own revisions just to get the right shell amount.
My only worries now are size….some people commented on Ravelry that the pattern runs small. I too am wondering if I should frog it all and make it larger or not. I have to decide on this today before I do anymore edging etc…..
I am making a mental note to myself…please Laura be sure not to procrastinate anymore because you may have problems with a pattern…I have made this note to myself before, but it must have gotten lost in the wash……….hmmmm 😦
It is turning out cute though and there is good potential for this so I am going to keep plugging on…….